Healthy Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Cheesy broccoli soup is a delicious and filling soup, rich in nutrients and calcium. It makes you feel warm and happy inside. The big downside though is that it’s usually packed with a ton of cheese and cream which adds a lot of calories and a lot of fat. This recipe cuts down the calories to something a lot more manageable but will still be healthy, cheesy and delicious.
• 2 tbps. Olive or coconut oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 cups broccoli, steamed
• 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup evaporated milk
• 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in your soup pan. Add in the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Sauté until tender.
2. Pour in the broth and add the broccoli. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Take your pan off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until all of the cheese is melted.
4. You can serve it as is with a little bit of cheese sprinkled on top or if you want a creamer soup take about half of it and blend it and then return it to the pot.